Handmade High-performance Battle Ready Samurai Sword Tamahagane Steel
- Tamahagane steel blade, black scabbard, copper tsuba, brown cord handle with white ray-skin wrap.
- The blade is made of iron sand and charcoal (carbon) called tamahagane, or jewel steel, strictly following the traditional japanese method. these two materials are smelted in a tatara furnace. the iron and carbon elements fuse together into the steel ore known as tamahagane. after this process, the high and low carbon pieces are sorted and forged. like a traditional samurai sword, the high carbon pieces will be used to make the powerful cutting edge and core, and the tough low carbon pieces are used to encase the high carbon core.
- After careful forging, the blade is clay tempered to create the natural hamon. hazuya and jizuya stones are used to bring out the hamon line and grain pattern. final polishing is done to enhance all of the details on the blade, giving it a beautiful, shining appearance. the blade is painstakingly worked on section by section, using wafer-thin slices cut from the main stones. the sword is strong enough for cutting thick bamboo, small trees, bones, iron and copper wire. it is a highly recommended sword for serious collectors.
- The classic nihonto sword made of tamahagane. this is worth the price for a lot of people.
- This sword is fully sharpened, so it can be used immediately upon purchase. it is also a full tang, so it is the best choice for cutting practice or tameshigiri. full tang swords are solid and rigid, something that will everyone will enjoy.
Item Dimensions & Packaging
|Dimensions||41 x 0 x 0 Inches|
|Packing Size||43 x 0 x 0 Inches|
|Shipping Weight||4 Pounds|
There are no reviews yet.